Ready in only 25 minutes and freezable for up to 3 months, this chili is a weeknight sanity saver.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion
- kosher salt
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1¼ lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 2 can fire-roasted diced chiles
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- sour cream
- Grated Cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the onion, season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper, and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, chili powder, and cumin and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the turkey and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until it begins to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes (and their juices), beans, chiles, and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Serve with the sour cream, cheese, and chips, if desired.